Thursday, May 12, 2005

Ethiopian Vision Trip Summer 2003

I held so many filthy hands
as I walked down the streets.
So many times I wanted to unlace my shoes
to cover anothers bare feet.

Invited so many times into a cube,
somebody called a home
They would sit on a muddly floor next to you,
just so you wouldn't sit alone.

They feel you popcorn and coffee,
and give you their last piece of bread.
They have so little to offer but
they will make sure that you are fed.

They are devout to their God,
but they don't even know His name.
They spend a whole life doing good works,
that all end up in vain.

I am humbled that God let me hold
a salvation shovel in my hand
To dig and plant seeds that will change the
destiny of this land.

I walk away leaving so much behind,
but taking with me so much more.
How foolish it is to hesitate
when God opens every door.

So a challenge I leave to all of you.
Continue to run this race
For one day a seed you planted
may meet you in heaven, face to face.
(Jennifer Phillips)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook