Sunday, May 04, 2008

Wayonte & His Family


Wayonte and his hard-working mom just outside her work-place in Mekelle.

Wayonte's mom insisted on preparing the standard 3 cups of coffee for my visit!

Wayonte, his mom and his two brothers during my visit to their home.

One night as Wayonte was going home, a group of hooligans dropped a rock on his head from a building and as he lay there bleeding, they rolled him over and took his cash. There is a danger in hanging out with "forencies" (foreigners) as the bad apples assume that with a relationship with foreigners comes cash. Mekelle has a lot of wicked men roaming the streets looking to rob, beat, cheat and even kill for a pocket full of change! PRAISE GOD my good brother, Wayonte was spared by the mercy of God. He easily could have been killed. He only relunctantly told me the story after I hounded him about why he hadn't been in touch for days. He didn't want to worry me!!!
"Finally, brethren, pray for me, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you. And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith." (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook