Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Letter sent out to Bible Study members

Shalom all!
I just HAD to share what God has put on my heart and has done for me since we met yesterday! (Awesome!) When I got back home, I was reading previously completed sections in our workbook. (Prompted by Neil's sharing of reviewing old notes in the meeting.) My mind kept going back to the only answer to "What does God want you to do in response to today's study?" which I hadn't done. (page 125) "Has God led you to do something that you did not do because you lacked faith?" My response was "Yes! Trusting Him in preparing all things in going to Ethiopia to work with XXXX." Well, while I was having difficulties at work, I cancelled the whole idea and emailed saying I couldn't go. After my work situation improved and even after it seemd I would still be working at The Catholic University, I was afraid of looking "wishy-washy" and also afraid that if I said "yes"again, something might pop up to cancel it once again! Talk about "self-centred" and little faith!!! The Holy Spirit laid it on my heart last night at about 3am, so I got up and ordered a ticket on-line. I'm going!!! XXXX has been contacted and it seems that God IS indeed sending me there to work with her and the Tigrai people!!! It's hard to explain the joy I feel today. Not because I am "going" or "doing" but because God finally gave me the faith to just say "Yes, Lord!" It's also awesome to know that the course we are studying, your testimonies and words of encouragement have made me AWARE of God's will and guidance. You guys have been around "the spiritual block" more than this spiritual puppy and you have ALL helped me in coming to the realization that this is not MY decision to do something for God, but confirmation of His will. God bless all of you and have a great week.
Laying down my sorrows, pain and fear for the joy of our Lord,
Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook