Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Nov. 14th letter (response) from Ethiopia

Dear Andy,
Glad you are ready to come! I need to tell you a few things about how we get volunteers over here. I will need to talk with my bosses and figure out a schedule. Then I'll need to fill out a special form we are required to do in order to have volunteers. When this form is submitted it assures that you will have insurance through the company while you are on the field. This form is submitted to the regional leader for approval and then we will be legally able to accept you. I know it sounds like lots of red tape but since this is such a big group it really needs to do things in a very organized way if it intends to maintain credibility. I will try to get all the paperwork taken care of in the next few days. I'll keep you posted on everything and let you know as soon as we have a fairly firm schedule for you. We will work within the dates you have scheduled with your flights. Getting up here from the city is not too difficult. We have a system in place that provides for pickup at the airport and delivery to a hotel for overnight. The ticket up here will be purchased for you and you will reimburse the person who brings you the ticket. The ticket costs $250 US dollars. I will meet you at the airstrip here and bring you into town. Staying in a hotel here can get rather expensive but since I'm living alone, the culture will not allow me to have a single male staying with me. I will check into the possibility of some less expensive accomodations that will still be acceptable. I'll start working on your in country schedule today and keep you posted as things develop. See you in January!
XXXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook