Thursday, May 12, 2005

Letter from my new brother in Christ, Kibrom

Dearest Andy,
Gentleman, how is life going on?
I am quite well and hope respected my brother. Also I hope this finds you in the best of health as it leaves me here. That is my all times prayer and ambition to have a long live. I like to think back and enjoy again the many good times we have had together.
Will you come to Ethiopia again? I am longing to see you so much. Oh! How much it is difficult to separate from you even for seconds. Sometimes I ask my self Why God makes us together and apart? but it is the law of "nature". Ever since you left me, I have been thinking about the wonderful time I spent with you. Especially your lovely jokes, clever approaches and attractive hospitalities. Really you are the one who makes me happy; the one I always want to be around. What a lovely joker you are please!
Thank you very much for visiting my village. That is my pleasure to pass my time with you. Because you make me smile when I feel lonleyness; you make me forget as I am not orphane. I worried when I think whey I am alive alone with out mother in the world. But now no more suffer and cry. Because God gives me condolence and assistance everyday. Truly I was very sad when you told us your life history. On the other hand I am happy since you give your life to Jesus. I pray to streach His hand on you. And I hope I will meet you in heaven for ever. So, my brother, work hard to be a winner and I will follow your foot-print too as much as possible. I proud to call you my dearest brother.
I am grateful for all things you did every single of my life here. Thanks! Ever so much for a great lunch and dinner with you many times. I appreciate having had the opportunity to speak with you and meeting you. I am wealthy having you. Luck to have brother like you. You are given me strength and courage like no one else ever has. No one can take your place in my heart. May God give you His power and wisdom repeatdly.
Now I have received the ESLCE result. So, I get the chance to join to university. This was my desire for a long time. I would like to thank you for God to this achievement. Of course I am not satisfied with my mark but it is ok relative with the other students. Now I plan to do the best since education is mainly important here as no more educated people compared with the vergion resources.
In Ethiopia there are 6 govermental and 3 nongovernmental universities. Each of them receives around 1500 students/a year. (Those who scores above 100). All most all students are between 100 & 200. In the earlier educational policy the point was registered by A,B,C,D and F. But Now it is depending on the total marks. So, I send the copy of it inside here.
I am in Jima University now. I study agriculture. It is 981 km away from Mekele. (260 from Addis Abeba). I meet many new students from the whole part of Ethiopia. Out of the campus, the people has their own culture different from Tigrai even though they are Ethiopian. I go out to the town with the native students and contact with the common language (Amharic). So I am okay with my new life. Most of them confuse with the social life. However, I have teh experience on my village. That is why I enjoy it again.
Carol and Gebre teaches us Bible on Thursday & Wednesday at the village for 2 hours. Hey also invited lunch to grade 12th (room mates) who join to university last week. They shared advices depending on their experience. We enjoyed the time watching biblical video (Gospel song and Jesus' history in Israel). Really it was a lovely day. I know you were in university too and now lecturer of freshman in korea. So if you have something that you want to share me from experience, please write me on the next letter.
Please do not send money as I told you here. When I say this, really, it is from the bottom of my heart. You should save it as you are young. There are a lot of things to do in your plan. If I need your shoulder, I will ask you frankly. Firstly I seek your precious health and comfort life. Now if possible try to send me books and clothes.
The rest every thing is fine with me. What about you? Did you arrive safely? I think i shall be looking to your reply. (**only when you have spare time) I understand you are too busy since you have many jobs to do.
Please convey my best regards to marry. (I am sorry having not written a letter since I am busy to fulfill the forum what i study but I hope next...) And all my friends asked me to greet for you and her.
I know it has been so long since I did not contact with you. But make sure that I never give up writing for such a lovely brother. So I will have another news on the next letter. Until then good bye. "A friend in need is a friend en ded."
God bless you and take care of you!...
The beginning of wisdom is to fear God. Proverbs 1-7
Your loving Kibrom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook